Thursday, September 22, 2011

PTJ: Personal Training Journal

OK - So this is really why I started this blog.  Not that I think anyone will ever read it, but because Jeff Galloway encourages you to keep a log of your runs.  It doesn't have to be elaborate, just a basic record of:  the time, distance, temperature, time spent running and how you felt.  So, in the future, if you see "PTJ" in the title...it is simply a record of my run....

I am behind so I am going to make two here:

Sunday, September 18, 2011:
     8:00 pm -Went to the Valley Mills track and completed the week 3, day 3 of Couch to 5K.  It felt good to be running again.  The New Balance 890's were great and running the track was a nice change!  Nice and smooth.  I am not sure what the temperature was but a cold front was coming in and storms were off in the distance


Tuesday, September 20, 2011:
     6:00 pm - We were in Valley Mills again for a 4-H meeting so I snuck over to the track.  Today's run was going to be harder and I thought the track would make it a bit easier.   It was:  5 min warm-up, 3 min jog, 1 1/2 min walk, 5 min jog, 3 min walk, 3 min jog, 1 1/2 min walk, 5 min jog, 5 min cool down.  I should have run this morning when the temperatures were in the mid-60's!  It was in the upper 80's when I started which was just plain hot!  I made it through the whole run but man was 5 minutes hard!  I did feel great after and am now actually enjoying running (did I just say that?)


Happy trails,
Prairie Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment